Friday 16 September 2016

Spirited Away

I've admired this aphid777's work for a long time since even before I began to crochet. In fact, her pattern that she created of Spirited Away's Haku is one of the biggest reasons that I wanted to begin learning how to crochet and how to make dolls through crocheting. Spirited Away is one of my all time favourite movies because of the amazing characters and artwork and overall story. Basically, I loved everything about that film. Well.. I finally felt my skills were good enough to attempt Haku! And it was hard.My first problem arose when inserting the wiring needed for Haku's body. After crocheting up to a certain point, I realized that the craft art wire that I bought was not strong enough to keep Haku's body in shape even when reinforced by 5 times. So ... thankfully after reading some other people's comments on Ravelry, I used the idea of using a wire clothes hanger.
See the difference between the thickness of the wires needed? 
Random WIP of Haku. At this point, it looks like a giant sperm or some sort of tampon.

The final result is amazing!! Attaching Haku's hair took the longest time (not including the body). Also, making his whiskers sort of flow behind him rather than droop down was a little difficult, but I made it work by sewing wrapping some more wire around the base and also sewing the yarn around the base to hold it up. His eyes are the same as how I made Charizard's eyes.. with some leftover white cloth. But instead of painting its eyes, I just used good ol' felt. I don't know why I didn't think of that the first time... it's much easier than painting the eyes on.

I love it. I love it. I love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment