Wednesday 7 September 2016

Who's that Pokemon?! ... It's... CHARIZARD!

So, I think I made the coolest Pokemon to date so far. I used this pattern because I liked how detailed the Charizard looked. Like if it jumped out of the computer in crochet form, that is exactly how it would look like.
Looks sorta like an orange Lochness monster at this stage with the tail and head attached to the body.

Added the horns! Looks a bit like a bowling pin actually. 

I think the snout + nostrils + eyebrows is a big part of what makes Charizard look so good. I actually found it hard crocheting such small pieces haha. I guess I'm not that good at it yet. It didn't come out perfect.
I added the eyes now. The eyes, I had some scrap cloth, and I used some acrylic paint for the pupils. 
Here's the underbelly... That mess up when I sewed it onto the body is so obvious. I suck at putting pieces together :(
There's the flame! My first time making it. It didn't look so poofy because for some reason the red and especially the yellow yarn wouldn't comb out. I'm wondering if because they're really cheap yarn? I'm not sure .. The orange yarn did exactly what it was supposed to do so I'm pretty sure I did it right.
His legs! I had so much trouble with the toes, that's why they're so stubby. Working round with only 3 stitches is so hard. 
At this point, looks a bit like Charmeleon (since he has no wings yet), but with two horns.  
And here's the final product!! I think he looks pretty amazing. It was my first time working with wires which were in his wings, arms, neck and tail. Gave him a bit of a photoshoot.
Here's the back.
The underside :)

No comments:

Post a Comment