Tuesday 21 April 2015

The Final Countdown!

I was actually at a loss of what colour to make my final square panel for my blanket. I had arranged what I had so far like this:
I was missing one single colour! Unfortunately, I had less scrap yarn than I thought. All the rest of the panels are worsted weight yarn, so if I wanted the last panel to be worsted weight, the only choices I had (if I didn't want to open up a brand new skein of yarn) was white or black, both of which I felt didn't fit in. 

I did have one colour that would fit in perfectly with the rest of the green hues up in the corner there, but it was in fingering weight. After some thought, I decided to go for it. I wanted to use up the scrap yarn anyway. 
Unfortunately, the problem still exists that the thickness of the yarn was so different.

If I used size 8 needles (like I've been using for all the other squares), then it would make the square too small. I decided to use my size 10 needles to reach the gauge.

In the end, the last panel does seem kind of loose and thin compared to the rest of the squares, and in the light, you can see so many gaps because of the looseness. 

Regardless, it was still a neat pattern!


No comments:

Post a Comment