Friday 3 April 2015

Dream of Sailing Away

This latest mystery stitch is pretty fitting for what's happening in my life right now! As I mentioned previously, my cousin from Hong Kong has come to visit! And we have sailed away on an adventure to tour around The city! 
I love how intricate and beautiful it looks! It reminds me of sailboats floating in the water, drifting to wherever .. (Still yearning for something exciting, I am!) I actually made so many mistakes in this pattern though. It was actually pretty difficult to knit I thought. You start off CO 41 stitches, but for some reason after every pattern repeat, I end up with 38 even though I was very careful! As a result, I had to sneakily make 3 more stitches each time to make up for it. I think it's pretty unnoticeable!


The only flaw is that the pattern naturally curves, so I'm just worried when it's time to sew the whole blanket together, I might run into some obstacles.. But I'll worry about that when I get to it! If no one has noticed, this was the leftover yarn from my Frankenstein sweater! It was pretty cool working with it again! It's a lot less sticky than the 100% acrylic yarn leftover from the GoT blanket. 

I didn't finish this as quickly as I finished the other one since I've been busy being a good host, (sort of .. Okay not really). I haven't really taken her anywhere yet since I still have to work, so my sister and parents have been showing her around. We did play Mario jenga though, and I felt like we bonded!

I feel a tad guilty as I could have taken her around today (since its Easter holiday), but my mom insists on bringing her to visit a relative that I don't particularly like, so I said I wasn't going. I know, maybe I should've sucked it up .. But I'll try to make up for it tomorrow! I have discovered that her favourite cuisine is Japanese! Specifically sushi! Surprise surprise, that's my favourite too! (No wonder we're family!) So, I'll take her out for a nice meal :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment