Monday 30 March 2015

Hop onto the Mystery Machine!

So after knitting so much this past weekend, (and literally just finishing a project just this morning) I was going to take a break for a week or two- especially since a cousin of mine is flying in from Hong Kong tomorrow and will be staying at our house for an entire month! .. But after sitting around at home, walking the dogs, and watching my shows for several hours, my hands were already itching to cast on. 

I was debating whether or not to knit a blanket, or crochet an amigurumi doll since I've only ever made one of each .. Or perhaps even knit another mitten/glove since its been a while since I've made a good one. In the end, after endless hours of browsing Ravelry, I decided that I will knit a blanket! The pattern is made from 16 squares, and each square is a mystery stitch! So you will have to blindly follow a pattern and you will only see which stitch it is until the end! 

This pattern seems the right fit for a project for several reasons. First, the successful completion of all these stitches will showcase my skills as a knitter in the form of the blanket. What's more, I still am trying to get rid of all the scrap yarn made from my first blanket (I only have several balls left to go!!) Lastly, each stitch square is quick to knit so that I can feel small accomplishments often, but also that it's overall a large project so I have a long term goal to look forward to. 

Well, quick knits per square they are! I've already finished the first mystery stitch! 
From the amazing way it looks, I think I got it right! I'll try to hold off until tomorrow to knit another mystery square - but I'm super excited with wondering what it's going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment