Monday 8 September 2014

Show your Stripes

My newest project was sort of a spontaneous one. After the finish of my last project, I asked my coworker if they wanted me to make them anything since I was looking to start a new project right away (can't go one day without knitting it seems). They said they wanted a scarf, which was fine except I didn't have enough yarn of one color to make a whole scarf. So, I dug around, and finally found a pattern that she'd be happy to receive, and I'd be happy to make. I present to you... the Leftovers Cowl.
 

 

It didn't really use up a lot of my leftover yarn. The only color it completely used up was the white one. Normally, this would be a pretty boring knit for me since its basically just knit stitches while alternating colors, but it actually wasn't since it allowed me to binge watch my shows while mindlessly knitting. I got through 31 twenty minute episodes, heh!
It wasn't as if I didn't learn anything either. I learned how to do the provisional cast on stitch, as well as how to do the kitchener stitch in the round. I think I'm way better grafting now as it is actually practically invisible and not [immediately] obvious where I connected my tube together. Anyway, I'm really happy with how it turned out! I definitely want to knit more nice looking scarves. I know I should be proud of my earlier projects, but it actually does bug me that my first four scarves/ cowls were so ugly, haha. Well the only thing I can do is keep knitting more and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment