Sunday 14 September 2014

Knitting with Toothpicks

Good news! First of all I finally finished off the baby light brown yarn I bought waaay back then (you know, the one ball of yarn that wouldn't run out even after knitting a scarf, gloves, mitts and a bookmark?).
 
 
That's right, I incorporated it into a birthday card for one of my close friends! If you couldn't guess from the picture, their birthday is coming up soon. (Now I just have to think of a good present for her too ...)
 
Anyway, I made it after seeing it as part of a post on an article about what to do with your leftover yarn. For anybody wondering, its simply 1 x 1 ribbing. I think it looks adorable with the toothpicks acting as its needles. In actuality, the needles were the size US 0 ones I bought from the dollar store that I always wondered what I'd use it for. It was definitely strange using such skinny needles. It almost felt like if I pushed it a little too hard, the needles would just either snap or bend. The yarn itself is pretty light weight too, but even that felt like it was too bulky for these needles. Together it created the cutest itty bitty ribs though! But back to what I was saying before.. I'm definitely glad I got rid of one ball of leftover yarn from my stash!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment