Tuesday 6 May 2014

The Other Craft

So, it all started when my sister said she wanted me to knit her a Pikachu doll. Mind you, I actually do have all the right colors of yarn already, yellow, brown, black and red. However, I told her I thought knitting a Pikachu doll won't look very good because those kinds of things are more often a crochet project. At least, I think crochet dolls look way better than knitted dolls even though I am obviously biased towards knitting. So.... my sister goes out shopping and comes back with this ...
 
That's right! A set of crochet hooks! (Apparently this whole set was only $10 at Wal-Mart... are crochet hooks always this much cheaper than knitting needles??) I've thought about learning the other craft before, but always thought I was still such a newbie to knitting that I shouldn't think about learning an entirely new craft suddenly. But since I have these now.. well, frankly I'm a little excited to begin learning! I suppose after my current project, I'll give it a go!
 
P.s. Yes, I've dived into a new knitting project already! It's my most ambitious project yet. a real big step for me, but I think I can do it! It'll probably take me forever though, but I'm going to be optimistic that it'll turn out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment