Sunday 30 March 2014

Homespun Yarn

So, I was reading up some knitting info, and no matter where I go, there seems to be some hate surrounding Lion Brand's homespun yarn. Now, I've used it before, specifically for my most recent hat, Lumpy the bear, and the scarf and earflap hat I made for my sister. Besides the fact that for the scarf I couldn't really see the pattern clearly, I didn't mind using it at all. The bear especially turned out great, and I thought the texture of the yarn made it appear more fuzzy and cuddly. The hats I made with it, and even the scarf were really warm and soft.


That being said, I do understand why people would be frustrated knitting with it as sometimes it likes to bunch up, but personally I didn't think it was a very big deal. I wonder if its because I don't know too much about yarn quality and what's bad and good. I don't want to hate it just because everybody else does though, but I do want to know why its so strongly disliked.

No comments:

Post a Comment