Wednesday 27 July 2016

Who's that Pokemon?!

So, after I made the Bulbasaur, my sister told me that she's been asking me to make a Pikachu for years. Well, I figured now is the best time to make a Pikachu on the heels of my last doll since Pokemon fever is still at an all time high.

I found the head and ears from this pattern. I was so tempted to make it true to the pattern and make it Pikachu in disguise in a freakin' Totoro costume because how cute is that?! Buuuut... since this is for someone else who isn't as big of a Studio Ghibli fan as me, I decided to just make it a normal pikachu. The eyes are just made from scrap pieces of felt.
Honestly, after I made the head, I was again tempted to just leave it like that because it's such a cute little head, and I was afraid of ruining the rest of the Pikachu with the body since I was going to use another pattern to make the body (this one). 
The body turned out okay though. Looked a bit like a bowling pin. 
I think the pattern just used brown felt for those stripes on Pikachu's back, but I didn't have brown felt, and too frugal to go out and buy some (for just two little stripes!), so I literally randomly chained two rows of brown with one longer than the other and attached it to the back. Looks not bad if I do say so myself.


Annnnd... here's the finished product with arms and legs and tail. I gave it a bit of a photoshoot outside to make it look more like a 'wild Pokemon' eheh. Hope you guys like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment