Tuesday 14 June 2016

Octopi incoming!

So, after finishing the blanket, I understandably wanted to work on something really quick! Actually, I didn't even feel like knitting. Instead, I decided to brush up my crochet skills which I've always wanted to do! I decided to make some amigurumi dolls! My second attempt at making dolls since I created Lumpy the bear ages ago. But my first time crocheting dolls. So, it was pretty exciting. I really wanted something that was simple so I could brush up my techniques, while also challenging myself. In the end, I settled on the crocheted octopus.


So super adorable right?! Added little button eyes, and some pink cloth for the cheeks/blush, and embroidered a cute little smile on. But I thought something was missing, so I added a....

... Cute miniature top hat! I think it really completed the look. But even then, it wasn't enough. Partly because I had a lot of black and white yarn left. And also, I thought, wouldn't it be cuter if I made a matching set of octopi?! So... I made Sir Octopi a girlfriend!
  
She's the exact same build as the gentleman octopus but with inverted colours, and I attached a cute little rose instead of a top hat. 

Aren't they just the sweetest looking creations ever?! I'm so in love with them! And I thought they'd make cute little gifts to couples or wedding/ engagement decorations. :)) I definitely want to make more crocheted dolls in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment