Sunday 12 June 2016

Nope, didn't stop knitting

So.. I know it's been pretty much HALF A YEAR since I last posted on here. But please, I have a really good excuse! ..... Okay, no I don't. I just kept making and ripping apart the project because I didn't like it. Then I kept starting and stopping knitting. Finally, when I finally got some motivation, it was summer, and it was too hot to be knitting a giant warm cuddly blanket. However, I can be proud to say that I am finally done, and I can move on with my life now! It's nice and lacy with some added fringes.
I used a chunky yarn instead of Aran like the pattern suggested, so as a result I was actually knitting length-wise. (It took me one 20 minute episode to do one row of this blanket... think about how long it took! Good thing I'm an experienced binge watcher!) Width-wise, it probably would've looked better if it was wider, but hey, it still covers the entire body. But it's proportions makes it more suited for a blanket you'd use while watching TV, rather than one you'd keep on your bed. 
 Not sure if you can tell from my pictures, but some of the yarn weren't from the same dye-lot (rookie mistake!) so in the light, and you can actually see that some of the colour is off from the rest. One thing is for sure though.... it will definitely keep me warm. Although since it's summer, the sun is already doing a great job of that ..

No comments:

Post a Comment