Thursday 24 December 2015

Baby bag!

Wasn't sure what to label this as. I guess a blanket? It's not quite a top. Well, or maybe a bag? It IS a bag with arms, haha. But anyway, I thought this project would be a lot faster than it actually took. I think it took me 2 months? I probably didn't consider how thin the yarn was. And also how boring knitting the back would be. I didn't bother photographing the back, but it's 26" of straight seed stitch. The front was much more interesting to knit with the cables and button band.
I think it looks pretty good! But I think if I had bought more expensive yarn, it would've looked even better. This was cheap Wal-Mart yarn, and knit up, it was a little too thin for me to think that it can keep a baby fully warm. Maybe it can keep a baby warm in the spring/fall? But definitely not winter. 

I'm happy with it though! And also that I get to make more use of my creepy baby doll! In the picture, it looks too big because I made the bunting bag for a 3-6 month old but my baby doll is newborn size. Still, it's quite adorable isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment