Monday 27 April 2015

An Autumn Hat for a Spring Season

So when my dear friend gave me this yarn, she told me the sales lady told her it was probably enough only to make a small hat.  She was completely right! In fact, I actually had to rush the decrease rows because I knew I was running out of  yarn. The whole time I was a little worried if it's fit on my head.
Colour is beautiful. Pattern is beautiful. But it all wouldn't matter if it isn't wearable. Thankfully ... It is!
                                      
To be honest, I prefer my hats to be a little slouchy, and this one obviously isn't, but it's wearable at least! It perfectly cups my head. 

                          
I hope the decrease rush isn't too noticeable though. It looks pretty legit as a hat I think.
                             
One reason I chose to knit this Gin & Tonic Pattern is because the daisy stitch reminds me of maple leaves. And, as I've mentioned before, the yarn itself reminds me of Autumn. So, it was a perfect match, and the result seemed to prove me right.

Speaking of leaves, in front of my house, there's a couple of dead looking trees. They used to be beautiful trees but it grew so big that the branches kept hitting our windows. My parents decided to trim the branches which is understandable. However, what happened instead was they cut down every single branch so only what looked like some naked tree trunks were left. Today though, I saw this:
Leaves are growing back! Something something about being cut down and getting back up. Makes me happy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment