Thursday 26 February 2015

Another type of art

I've been trying to keep busy lately, so when I came across this, I knew it had to be my new project! In case you're wondering why I haven't been keeping myself busy with yarn work .. Well that's another story for another blog post. But I have a perfectly good reason!!

Anyway, I went out to buy materials to make the DIY paw print art. I decided to keep it simple and just use black paint.
There's my doggies with Yuna, the doodle looking particularly concerned about what's going on. 
We set up newspapers on the ground, and with treats in hand, we were ready to begin! None of the dogs seemed to like having their paws painted, but Yuna was more tolerant than Ellie. I really wanted to do this though, because I know dogs don't live very long and this will be something that will last forever. 
That's the finished product! I put my hand print on too. I know it all doesn't fit together very well since my hand was a bit too big but I think that way really captures our characters and interactions with one another- unstructured messy fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment