Saturday 25 October 2014

Ugly Christmas Stocking

So, I know Halloween hasn't even passed yet, but I have lots of scrap yarn that I wanted to use up, and two of the colors happened to be red and green. Soo, I decided to knit this Christmas stocking pattern. I did end up using up two scrap colors, but it was gray and black rather than green or red .. I still have lots of scrap yarn to knit away!

Well, personally, I think the stocking itself turned out pretty ugly.
I didn't even bother making a collage for this as I think looking at it from one angle is enough. As you can see, you basically just knit one giant sock. But the way you're supposed to make the heel is so different from when I made my sweetheart socks, and personally, I think it doesn't look as good. Maybe it is made differently because it isn't meant for wearing. Whatever the case, even though its ugly, I can't wait to put it out during Christmas once Halloween passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment