Monday 9 June 2014

Another 'First'

I learned to crochet successfully! You could probably tell from my previous post that I was crocheting a pretty pink something, and that something is ......
..... a shrug!! I think it looks fantastic, and it looks really impressive for such a beginner project. Basically all you need to know is how to chain and single crochet and you end up with something pretty warm and cozy! I guess after I got the hang of crocheting, I must admit that it does work faster than knitting. It feels a little stiff though, but I'm not sure if that's from the yarn being crocheted or because the yarn quality itself felt kind of stiff (I used 100% acrylic Red Heart). Regardless, I love it, and definitely something that I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear outside haha.
 
If you want to make your own, here is the link! I think I will definitely be crocheting again! I want to become more familiar with its techniques and whatnot now that I have the very basics pat-down. I don't know if my knowledge of knitting helped, but I noticed my first crochet project had considerably less mistakes in it than my first knit project (straight single crochet vs. Straight knit stitch). Anyway, for my next project, I have no idea whether to knit something (because I sort of miss it) or to crochet a new something... hm.. but I think I'll give it one or two days before I dive into anything new!

1 comment:

  1. Red Heart yarn tends to feel rough or stiff until you wash it, especially Super Saver. Try Lion Brand. Great job on the shrug!

    ReplyDelete