Friday 11 April 2014

In a Bowl

So I really doubt I'm the first one to think of this, but I've started knitting my new project, and I'm using hanks. And for some reason, apparently you have to unravel those (who thought that was a good idea?!) and then roll the yarn back into a neat little ball before you begin knitting or else you'll have a huge jumbled mess. So, I used an empty toilet paper tube and just wrapped my yarn around that because I saw online someone do it, and then they just hang it somewhere and the yarn doesn't roll around all over the floor like mine always does (which is why dog hair usually gets knitted into the project too! Haha.). So, that sounded brilliant, only problem was, I had no where to hang my roll of yarn except for the bathroom and I wasn't about to spend hours knitting in there. Then it came to me that maybe I should stick it in a box or some other container and let it roll around in that little area instead of the entire floor. So, in the end, I used a bowl! Smart eh? (Don't tell me that's what everybody already does... I was pretty proud of my little revelation).

No comments:

Post a Comment