Wednesday 19 March 2014

My package arrived!


Who doesn't like getting mail? Well today, I got an amazing surprise! My package of yarn came! Okay, so its not really a surprise since I bought it for myself, but its still a surprise that I got it so soon. I'm so excited! Usually, I get my yarn from Michaels or Wal-Mart, but at least where I'm from, the selection there is usually not that large, and the colors I want always seem to conveniently have only one ball left or something. So, I wanted to try something different, and with a bit of online snooping, I found that lots of people buy their yarn from a website called 'Knitpicks'. It has supposedly reasonable prices, coupled with great customer service. So, I went crazy (was originally more excited because I thought it had free shipping, but then I learned it did, just not to countries outside of the USA .. boo!)

Above, starting from the left, you can see I have their Coal Swish DK, two Everglade Heather Stroll, Doe Swish DK, Ivory Comfy Fingering, Begonia Dishie, two Tranquil Dishie, and two  Honey Swish DK. At the very top there, I spoiled myself with 3 hanks of their Winter Night Gloss, a beautiful blue color, and will be my first time working with hanks (I read somewhere how you need to unravel them first or they'll get extremely tangled)! To be honest, at the time I had an idea of what to do exactly with each yarn, but now I forgot some, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I definitely know (and am most excited for) that I will be knitting a really cool dish towel! I know I previously never mentioned even wanting to knit one of those, but that was before I learned they had yarn specifically for knitting dish towels! It'd be such a fun experience working with different yarn textures! The hanks are going to be a scarf for my boyfriend, and I think the Everglade Heather Strolls are going to be socks.
 
I really can't wait to start digging in, but actually, right now I've been knitting a hat with some scrap yarn (not the same scrap yarn I was practicing cables with, obviously, as that couldn't even complete a headband). It's the leftover yarn from making Lumpy, the bear. I think its got half a ball left, enough for a hat. I want to quickly finish that up and move onto learning new things!  

No comments:

Post a Comment