Tuesday 11 February 2014

A Secret Santa Project

This scarf was made for my secret Santa at work. I only started working last September in 2013, and this was made in December. So needless to say, at the time, I didn't know my co-workers very well and had no idea what I should get. A brilliant idea came to mind, and I thought I should knit her a scarf (since a. I get to work on my hobby, and b. she'll have to pretend to like this scarf since its hand-made, sounded like a win-win to me).

I'm actually incredibly proud of this one. Things I learned:

  • Long-tail cast-on
  • YO: yarn over
It just looks so nice, and I think it was one of the first times where I began to think that my skills were improving.

Pattern can be found here: www.auntekristy.blogspot.ca/2013/08/free-pattern-gallatin-scarf.html



No comments:

Post a Comment