Saturday 15 February 2014

My Proud Collection

I decided to make a post show-casing my humble collection. I'm not sure if this knitting equipment is considered a lot, or embarrassingly inadequate, so if anybody knows, please tell me what I'm missing .. or if you're jealous of the amount I have haha. Anyway, starting off, this is where I keep my knitting stuff and yarn:
 
 
You'll see my knitting stuff is kept in a beautiful Lulu Lemon bag, but not as beautiful as the Staples bag my yarn is kept in. I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm definitely trying to find a way to organize this better, so it looks pro. And yeah, my yarn collection is so small! That bag needs to be filled up somehow.
 
Onto my proud collection:
 
Starting from above is the cute little pouch I got for Christmas last year that I keep the small stuff in, like my stitch markers, knit tally, needle tip protector, cable needle & yarn needle that you see underneath. Those were also given to me for Christmas by my lovely sister, along with the stitch holder and knit gauge you see at the very bottom. As for my needles, most of the gray were inherited from my aunt who used to knit but then later got bored of it (something I pray will never happen to me). Most of the colored ones I bought for myself. I try to buy unique looking needles like the really cool or elegant looking ones I see on Youtube, but too bad they are pretty expensive.
 
Starting from the left is the giant behemoth of knitting needles that I'm tempted to keep under my pillow to attack intruders. I'm not even sure what size it is (clue that it was a gift). It's too big for my knit gauge, but I'm guessing its approximately US 18? I haven't used it yet, and not sure what sort of pattern it can be used for. The blue is US 8 and the yellow is US 6. Beside it is needles that only say 4.0 mm, so I think that's around US 5.5. Next is needles that only say 3.25, which I think is around US 3. My two double pointed needles are US 10 and US 6. Finally, next to those, are my circular needles. You'll see the fat gray US 13, the blue US 10.5, the yellow US 8, and the skinny gray US 6 & US 3.
 
I always thought my collection was big, but I often wish for even more because on some of my projects I didn't have the right knitting needles and had to settle for the closest size one. But hey, I came a long way from back then with my first 4 projects where I only used my US 8 straight knitting needles and US 6 circular knitting needles even when I should have used a way different size because that was all I had. Anyway, I'll continue to post new knitting gear I get so you can watch my collection grow!  

1 comment:

  1. You should buy a clear Rubbermaid bin or something :)

    ReplyDelete