Thursday 20 August 2015

Off to an Adventure!

I knitted an adventure backpack! I'm not sure how practical a knitted backpack is, but damn if I don't think it looks adorable! It makes me look a bit like I'm 12, but hey, that's probably my maturity level anyway.
Notice how I totally tried to take a nicer picture than the plain ones I usually take in my home? Well... Like this one anyway (to show off the back)
 What I like about this pattern is that it utilizes so many knitting skills!

The only flaw I found in this pattern is that the backpack is actually extremely long. I think if it was one pattern repeat smaller, it would've been just right. 

I chose the colours white and green because I only had two balls of green yarn and I knew for sure that that wouldn't be enough but I really wanted it to be green (since green=nature=adventure) and I think my intuition played out quite nicely. 

Speaking of adventures.. Here are some pics on my latest ones!

Maybe next time I'll bring my backpack along!

[EDIT: Previously, I hadn't really thought about lining the inside of my bag, but my mom, ever the seamstress found some leftover waterproof fabric, and gave me some to line my bag with!
I thought it was a great idea since it will greatly reduce the yarn stretching out too much when I put things inside it. And plus it makes everything look a lot neater. 
I guess now I can say I'm officially done!]

No comments:

Post a Comment